Friday, August 20, 2010

Dear Mr. President

After hearing of my latest employment woe, a friend said I should write the President. Well, I just did that. here is the email I just sent to Mr. Obama. Let's see if he responds. Any bet takers?

Dear President Obama:


I am an unemployed woman living in a 'large city'. I have been out of work since March 2009. Because I had a temp. job for 1 month and 1 week, my new unemployment claim only entitles me to $134 in UI benefits. If I had never taken that temp job, I could have continued to receive the max. UI rate of $405. But I am honest and want to work. And now I am being penalized for it. When I search for work, recruiters tell me that their clients only want to see candidates who are employed. I'm sorry but who is employed these days? Another slap in the face is that I don't qualify for a focus group that would earn me $125. Why... because I am UNEMPLOYED! I try so hard everyday and I am continually being penalized for being out of work. With the utmost of respect, when is "change" coming my way? For an inside look, check out this link to my blog:


http://www.missunemployeddiarycom.blogspot.com/


I am smart, talented and want to work but I need the chance. Will you give me that chance President Obama? I respectfully challenge you to find me a job. If you can't help me, then this economic nightmare many are living is truly worse than I could ever imagine.


Sincerely,


Miss Unemployed

No comments:

Post a Comment