Friday, August 20, 2010

And I thought I Had Heard Them All

Yesterday I was contacted about participating in a focus group. I was asked if I watched Oprah and if I liked Jenny McCarthy and Ellen Degeneres. I'm kind of "eh" about all of them, but was willing to stretch the truth for an easy $125, and so was the woman who called me about the opportunity. Let's just call her 'Cohan Susen'. But here's where things go waaay south... when asked if I was unemployed I said yes. I was then asked if I made at least $35K because "the client wants someone who's employed and makes at least $35,000". And did I mention this person also has to watch Oprah live, 4 days a week? Is this a joke? That's totally ludicrous and impossible... and I was not willing to lie about being unemployed and broke. Why am I being punished for  being unemployed? I can't believe I can't even qualify for an f-ing focus group!! WTF is wrong with this scenario?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment