Friday, September 10, 2010

I have Had It!!

I swear... I'm done. Recruiters, whether they work for a staffing firm or a direct company, they are playing games. I am tired of all of their BS! I recently applied to two positions directly and when I followed-up with the HR rep. doing the recruiting, this is what she came back with:

"The two positions are just generic postings that I have up to capture talent interested in temporary or temp to perm opportunities."

So, while I worry about how I'm going to get caught up on my back rent, this witch is posting phantom listings! I have never felt so suckerpunched in my life. I mean, what am I supposed to do with this?

1 comment:

  1. Recruiters are not holding back jobs. They are not playing games. In a tough economy, they have a very limited number of positions to fill and they must compete with other agencies to fil them. They are sending people out on interviews for the limited jobs they do have --those candidates they believe have a shot at acing the interview and getting the job. If they are not sending you, it is because they don't believe you can close the deal based on previous interviews they have sent you on. This is capitalism. You need to start looking for your own job if you are not being sent out.

    ReplyDelete